body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Thursday, October 2, 2008

They Say What You Want to Hear

Do friends tell you things you want to hear, or are they being honest. When our own view of ourselves is skewed we tend to not want to believe what our friends are saying because they have to say that to you.

I have never been one with high self-esteem, and when friends and/or family tell me I am amazing/beautiful/talented etc I refuse to believe them, simply thinking they are saying it to me because they have to. I felt for the longest time that to be considered beautiful I had to have a guy tell me so. Well this is NOT the case. If you cannot accept that you are a wonderful person than no matter who tells you otherwise you won't believe them.

Life is not over if you don't have a boyfriend. Sure, they're nice to have and it's another person to love you, but when you are young it is definitely not what one should stress over. I understand that if you are single and your friends aren't you are automatically going to assume there is something wrong with you, but this is not the case. No one wants to settle on any old guy just to say they have a boyfriend. You want to find someone who's : caring, considerate, kind, fun, intelligent enough to carry on meaningful conversations, and someone who makes you feel good about yourself. I know that's a lot of criteria but to be truly happy one cannot settle.

So if you are single think of it this way : you are young and you have the rest of your life ahead of you, most of which time you will spend being married and 90% of young people plan on getting married. So take this time to enjoy your friends, go out to parties and essentially just have FUN. Because when you get a bit older and married things will be different. You want to get your partying out of your system now.

Being single is not all that bad, and being critical of yourself due to the fact you are single just isn't fair. When your friends tell you are beautiful, amazing, talented etc, BELIEVE THEM!!! They love you and don't like seeing you upset.

Now people may choose to not believe me on the basis as I do have a boyfriend. But I do understand how you feel. I have been there and have been depressed over the same things. And I'm offering my advice so that less people have to go through it. A guy that's right for you will come along when you least expect it.

Now start celebrating who you are and love yourself because that is what needs to be addressed first and foremost!!

Sending out my love to everyone! xo

2 comments:

PinkAvocado said...

you are right, and i agree with you. it's funny because i feel like we think alike :).
but yes, a guy isn't worth crying/dying over. girls nowadays especially need to learn how to be independent + love themselves before they continue on to start other relationships, not saying you shouldn't date, yes date, have fun, but don't let your heart get broken. beware and becareful of what is out there :).
xx

Sahily said...

Girly! I agree with you...why does anyone need a boyfriend? Granted, I have a boyfriend and I love him very much, but I survived just fine without him for 22 years and if we break up tomorrow, my life would go on. Plus, its so much more fun to have a "Girls night" than a double date!

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.