body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Person Is ALWAYS a Person FIRST!

Sooo I really don't like it when people judge others about things they can't changed. FOR example : "There's a down syndrome person", it should be said instead like "There's a person with down syndrome". (not that I'm condoning pointing this out it's just an example).

Basically my point is that we are all PEOPLE no matter if we are tall, short, big, little, white, asian,black, smart, slow, popular, loner ish, funny, dull, young, old, etc! We all have something in common and it's about time people realize that we are all going through life and we all deal with problems no matter how big or small. We need to stop criticizing and start loving and accepting.

Bullying, teasing, and unnecessary things really shouldn't happen. Especially when you are old enough to know better. But even in university where I am surrounding by many young adults who are supposed to have reached a certain level of maturity tend to judge others. Just today I heard someone say "maybe she should cut back on the donuts". This was not directed at me but another girl who was a little heavy set. Now I don't think it's fair to make judgements when you don't know all the facts.

To be fair I know it's hard to not notice people but if you are going to judge them at all judge them in a positive light, like thinking or saying how much you love their hair/clothes/style etc. Compliments will get you a lot further than derogatory comments.

Well that's all I've got to say bout that ttyl! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

WELL SAID! I used to live with someone who was one of the most judgmental people I ever met -- and it is really easy to judge someone when you are trying to hide your own securities. Luckily, I've been able to cut such people out of my life... But you are so right in that people really do need to take it in consideration that we are all people FIRST.

Girl Making it Through said...

good for you! sometimes it's hard to cut people out of your life when you don't agree with how they act!

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.