body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Friday, October 17, 2008

Emabarassing Videos...singing/crying

I love to sing, I personally think Im pretty amazing, but I believe a lot of people think that they are. And a lot of people are just plain tone deaf and they can sometimes be rather painful to listen to. But with the music loud enough pretty much anyone can sound just like the artist (as long as you're no competing to try and be louder!)

At my sister's first wedding I was eight and as my present to her I sang a song. I sang in front of 200+ guests and made a small mistake but I loved it! I sang I'll be your candle on the water (you know that song in Pete's Dragon). Ya and if I do say so myself I was pretty darn cute. But watching that video kind of embarrasses me because I know the mistake I made but no one else notices right away. But ya my point is I could make a could singer, most likely country because my voice sounds best singing along with country songs lol!

Ugh that made me think of my sisters second wedding (she was really young at her first wedding). Anyways...at her 2nd wedding I was 18 and the maid of honour. Then the time came for speeches (my other sister and I said our speeches together because we don't like talking in front of lots people), I said mine first. Now I can be pretty mushy and during a few points in my speech my voice cracked. But I held it together....until then end o f my speech where I looked at my sister (the bride) and broke down, like full out sobbing but I was half crying half laughing and basically it looked like I was struggling for air. My other sister found this comical and she decided to announce to the rest of the guests that she doesn't cry like me (at which time everyone laughed). lol now any time we watch the wedding video I have to leave the room when Im talking either because I'll get all emotional again or I'll be embarrassed.

So I've come to the conclusion that I don't particularly like seeing myself on video and am extra critical of myself. Oh well I'm not famous (...yet) so I don't need to worry about these kind of things! Just wait world one day I'll be topping the charts with my phenomenal voice! hah!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.