body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Monday, October 6, 2008

Carrie Underwood = YAY

So I just got home from the Carrie Underwood concert and it was awesome! She is such a talented artist and is beautiful, especially because she's real and down to earth. Which got me to thinking....

I really don't like fake people. I've already touched on this a few times in previous posts but trying to be someone you are not is pointless. If you are big boned (like myself) then you are just going to have to accept that you are never going to be a size 2, but WHO CARES!? Be happy with who you are. Looks fade with time but a personality lasts forever. When someone is beautiful on the inside they emanate beauty outwards which in turn attracts people to them.

I used to not like that saying "beautiful on the inside", because I thought it implied that you were ugly on the outside. But it doesn't imply that at all. Beauty is such a tough word to describe because there is no ONE characteristic that beauty describes. I like to believe everyone has beauty somewhere within in them. Yet no two people are beautiful in the same way.

In today's culture too much focus is placed on appearances and that puts too much pressure on EVERYONE! I just want to be comfortable with who I am and spend less time caring about how I look or how others see me, because even in just a couple short years the fashion mistakes I made will have been forgotten but the person I was will be something to remember.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.