body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Procrastinations!

I am one of the WORST procrastinators you will ever encounter. I have always been like this. In elementary school when essays and research projects were introduced I would always wait to the last minute to begin. I can distinctively remember one year for our math fair I would do the project on my own. BIG MISTAKE. If someone else is involved that motivates me to get going! So I did my project on optical illusions. I bought my bristol board like a week before the fair (impressive I know) and did a little research. The night before the fair I have not put anything on my bristol board. Needless to say I didn't win a prize at the fair as I glued things on crookedly and didn't have enough info. You think this would teach me, but no, no that's not how I roll.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not what one would call a bad student, I always get my stuff in on time and I never fail, so kudos to me. But I am always up late the night before an assignment is due pulling together all the loose ends and making it presentable (this being the case last night when I had to do a book response :S).

Ooo I just thought of a prime example of my procrastination at its best. Last year I took a philosophy course that had essays due each month. Well I kept on putting off this one essay because I had other seemingly more important things to do. Well I wake up one Monday morning and begin getting ready for my 9:00 class. I happen to look at my calender and see my philosophy essay is due that day! *Gasp* Well I got down to work asap. I skipped my morning class and was able to finish my 4 page essay by 12 for my class at 12:30. YAY. Thank goodness the essay was just my own personal thoughts on Plato's something or other. And I even pulled off 70% on that paper, so not bad for the morning rush.

My excuse has always been I work better under pressure. But I know that if I started things earlier I'd be a lot closer to the potential genius within me that's waiting to escape! lol! I truly envy those of you who are able to commit to a project and get to it right away!!

PS: I even procrastinated on blogging as I got distracted! hehehe

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.