body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fantastically Flawed!

I try to pride myself on the fact that I am a genuinely good person, Im caring, kind and considerate. I try to never judge others for who they are and I am as accepting as I can be. But as a teenager Im clearly exposed to the media and what they think we should all be.

Not everyone can have flawless skin, size 2 jeans, perfect hair, and that amazingly cute flirty personality, but many sure do attempt it. And I'm not going to lie, I have in the past tried to be someone Im not. But I only end up asking myself why? I'm never going to be petite, or look perfect all the time. Im 5 foot 9, and a size 8. I have blonde wavy hair that is often frizzy. I get the odd pimple and I love food! Do I wish I were thinner?? All the time! But in reality I am me, and although Im far from perfection I do try to love being me!

And all u bloggers out there trying to be someone you're not either to fit in or impress someone...STOP! The only person that needs impressing is u!

2 comments:

mz.bperkins said...

I completely agree with you. As a teenager myself I see bunches of girls trying to be something their not. Honestly I have thought that I needed to change the way I look but I've come to accept me for me. I think all girls shold read your post because eventhough its so simple...its so eye opening!!!

AnonymousNewYork said...

I have frizzy hair as well so I empathize!

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.