body#layout #main, body#layout #sidebar { padding: 0; } -->

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2 blogs, 1 day..

Ya I'm feeling a bit ambitious today, but I am also making up for my horrible lacking of the posting.

Oh my goodness it is December and Christmas is approaching WAY too fast, don't get me wrong I love holiday cheer and all that jazz but this season is rather stressful. As a student my budget is pretty tight but my list for people to buy for is lengthy. And I love to buy that gift for someone that they will just love, but this seems to get increasingly difficult every year. My mom has gone to her classic "I don't want anything for Christmas, just a happy family" line. But I can't criticize her for it because that would be hypocritical.

This year I have not asked for anything, there just does not seem to be anything that I am in need of. I know this is frustrating for those who want to buy for me but I honestly cannot come up with anything that I want. Christmas has become such a commercialized holiday and that is sad. Just being with family, listening to the cheerful songs, and enjoying the general splendor and feeling that Christmas brings is enough for me. It is so much more than gifts and shopping, it is time to sit back and appreciate the life you have been given.

On Monday I went out and bought a cheap cardboard advent calendar with all the Disney princesses on it and I do quite enjoy it. Although everyone says I do the advent calender wrong. Most people eat a chocolate from box #1 on the first and box #2 on the second and so on, but I go the opposite way. I start at box 24 and count down so that I know how many days there are to Christmas, it just makes more sense to me that way.

Any who Tis' the season to be jolly and that's exactly what I'm planning on doing!! Good luck to all those Christmas shopping and decorating! xo

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
My Contemplations by http://mylifescontemplations.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.